The essence of nature combined with the technology of science ©
Natural, fashion and vibrant colours with excellent coverage, conditioning and shine.
Cetuem hair colour has low Ammonia, low PPD and 99% natural pigment.
1. Shade selection
- Very much depends upon the client's requirements, natural hair and skin tone.
- Determine the client's natural hair colour, texture, porosity and if present, the percentage of white hair.
- Determine the client's requirements i.e. lighter or darker, warmer or cooler, vibrant or subtle in tone and depth.
- Determine the correct colour shade or shades with the correct strength of Cetuem Creme Developer.
2. Developer selection and time
Choosing Cetuem Creme Developer
- 10 vol / 3% - To darken, tint, modify colour bleached hair, colour without lightening
- 20 vol / 6% - To colour tone on tone and darker tones, cover grey hair, emphasise the cosmetic tint
- 30 vol / 9% - To lighten 3 tones, colour and cover grey hair, emphasise warm tints, for resistant hair and first applications
- 40 vol / 12% - To lighten 4 or more tones, colour and cover grey hair, for super lighteners
- 30 - To colour and cover tone on tone and darker tones
- 40 - To lighten 3 tones, colour and cover grey hair
- 45 - To lighten 3 tones, colour and cover grey hair
- 60 - To lighten 4 tones, colour and cover grey hair
3. Preparation and Mixing
The mixture formula is 1 + 1 or the base colouring i.e. 50ml of Cetuem Colour blended with 50ml of Cetuem Creme Developer. For Hi - Lift colours, the mixture formula is 1 + 2 i.e. 50ml of Cetuem Colour with 100ml Cetuem Creme Developer.
Always wear suitable gloves. Do not shampoo the hair first. It is extremely important to do an allergy patch test.
Cetuem hair colour is a professional range and should only be used by qualified professionals. If you would like to train in hair colouring, please visit the Cetuem Academy area.
IMPORTANT: HAIR COLOURANTS CAN CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION. IT IS VITAL TO PERFORM A PATCH TEST FIRST.
How to perform a skin allergy patch test.
- Open the box of hair colour and read the instructions. Based on the colour that is being used, mixing should be 1 + 1 for all base and fashion colours. This means using hair colour and developer in the ratio 1:1. Alternatively, for Hi - Lift colours , mixing should be 1 + 2. This means using hair colour and developer in the ratio 1:2.
A patch test must be completed 48 hours before applying hair colour on every occasion.
Remove all earrings before applying a small amount of hair colour to the skin neatly behind the ear and leave for 48 hours.
- Do not wash the hair colour away for the duration of these 48 hours.
- Please ensure that all hair products are capped securely. If the bottle is left open the hair dye and developer will not work properly.
- Watch for signs of an allergic reaction, such as redness, itching or swelling. If you notice any of these problems wash the solution off at once and do not continue using the product and consult your doctor.
- Do not use if you have previously experienced a reaction, have a sensitive scalp, have previously had a black henna tattoo, are pregnant.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not use to dye eyelashes and eyebrows.